SINGLE ‘WOLF HAND’ OUT THIS WEEK
FREE DOWNLOAD EP INC X 3 SESSION TRACKS & LANA DEL REY COVER
MORE FESTIVALS ANNOUNCED
“Wolf Hand’ is excellent.” – Drowned in Sound
“A winning combination of lyrics and riffs”– NME.com
“‘Wolf Hand’ is here to prove that guitar music still has a pulse. 5/5”– Artrocker.tv
Afternoon all – apologies for the late press release! Urgent news that, with their new single ‘Wolf Hand’ out this week on Transgressive & having today confirmed more festival appearances for Pukkelpop & Y Not Festival, Leeds rockers Pulled Apart By Horses have just uploaded a free EP for fans to download from their Facebook page.
The download EP includes an MP3 of this morning’s fantastic cover of Lana Del Rey’s hit ‘Blue Jeans’ recorded for Fearne Cotton’s BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge, which set twitter on fire with praise for the band. The rest of the EP is made up of recently recorded live tracks taken from their new album ‘Tough Love’, including the single itself, ‘Wolf Hand’.
The full tracklisting for the free download EP is:
1. Blue Jeans (Lana Del Rey cover)
2. Wolf Hand (live)
3. Everything Dipped in Gold (live)
4. Night of the Living (I’m Scared of People) (live)
Download it here: http://on.fb.me/I8EVxF
According to the band Wolf Hand is “our very own piercing tale of forgetting about ageing and staying forever young,” and there’s no doubt that every word, pounding beat and soaring guitar embodies the spirit of youth, as captured in this home inspired video directed by Bob Harlow.
One of the album’s many highlights ‘Wolf Hand’ demonstrates just why Q said ‘Tough Love’ was “the most exciting British rock album in years”. The album’s previous single ‘V.E.N.O.M.’ received unprecedented support from Radio 1, 6 Music and XFM and ‘Wolf Hand’ looks certain to carry on the tradition, hot on the heels of an incredible UK tour that climaxed at a sold out show at The Electric Ballroom in London. The band have also been confirmed for a slew of festivals this summer, including the main stage slot at Reading & Leeds.
Catch the band at the following shows:
- May 5th Popadelica Festival, Huskvarna, Sweden
- Jun 1st Volume Festival @ The Box, Crewe, UK
- Jun 2nd Dot To Dot Festival, Bristol, UK
- Jun 3rd Dot To Dot Festival, Nottingham, UK
- Jun 4th Dot To Dot Festival, Manchester, UK
- Jun 8th Rough Beats Festival, Yorkshire, UK
- Jun 24th Isle of Wight Festival, Newport, Isle of Wight, UK
- Jul 6th In The Park, Kinross, Scotland, UK
- Jul 13th 2000 Trees Festival, Cheltenham, UK
- Aug 4th Y Not Festival, Derbyshire, UK
- Aug 17th Area4 Festival, Lüdinghausen, Germany
- Aug 18th Pukkelpop Festival, Belgium
- Aug 24th Leeds Festival, Leeds, UK
- Aug 26th Reading Festival, Reading, UK
Pulled Apart By Horses are Tom Hudson (vocals/guitar), James Brown (guitar), Lee Vincent (drums) and Robert Lee (vocals/bass).
Praise for ‘Tough Love’:
“The most thrilling British rock release in years” Q
“An album that lives on in the memory long after the stereo or iPod had been switched off” Kerrang!
“It’s effortlessly thrilling, but perhaps not for the faint of heart” The Observer
“Rock ‘n’ roll in its purest most thrillingly executed form.” Rock Sound
“Jam-packed with songs – proper, festival slaying, career-making songs”The Fly
“…more crafted…the machine-gun drumrolls and marauding metal riffs faster..the melodies sharper…” The Guardian
“‘Such is the effect that Pulled Apart By Horses have on people. They’d cause circle pits in the House of Lords.” NME