From Bellaghy, Co.Derry, N.Ireland, General Fiasco are Owen Strathern on bass, brother Enda on guitar, Stephen Leacock on drums and new guitarist / keyboard player Stuart Bell.
The band’s debut album ‘Buildings’ released on Infectious Music in 2010 saw the N.Irish band play festivals and dates around the world including Japan, New Zealand & the USA as well as festivals such Reading & Leeds, Glastonbury, Oxegen and T-In the Park.
They also played support to Snow Patrol at the biggest concert ever to happen in N.Ireland at Bangor’s Ward Park to 45,000 people.
They toured relentlessly for months, picking up supports with the Enemy, Kids in Glass Houses, One Night Only and Fighting with Wire amongst others and found themselves with a Kerrang! Magazine ‘Best Newcomer’ award nomination too.
The band have been writing and recording for most of 2011, but came back with an EP ‘Waves’ from which ‘The Age You Start Losing Friends’ won ‘Best Song’ at the NI Music Awards held as part of the prestigious Belfast Music Week which saw the MTV awards come to town.
‘The Age You Start Losing Friends’ also picked up another Hottest Record in the World on BBC Radio 1 and the following EP ‘Don’t You Ever’ has already picked up plays on BBC Radio 1 and beyond including several local and college radio stations in the USA.
The band has been selected as Future Flames ambassadors for Coca-Cola’s London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay. They helped to select the best of British youth to run with the Olympic torch in the lead up to the games. The band will be playing at the Olympic Torch Relay Celebration in Glasgow on 8th June
The band’s 2nd album, ’Unfaithfully Yours’ is due for release in June 2012 on Dirty Hit.
Tickets go on sale Friday 30th March at 10am, except Banbury, Belfast & Dublin which go on sale Thurs 5th April at 12 midday.
- 8 – PJ Molloy’s, Dunfermline (www.gigsinscotland.com)
- 9 – Ironworks, Inverness (www.ironworksvenue.com/whatson)
- 10 – Doghouse, Dundee (www.gigsinscotland.com)
- 12 – ‘Pitch Invasion Music Festival’, Hartlepool (http://www.wegottickets.com/f/4285)
- 15 – Sound Control, Manchester (http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/general-fiasco-tickets?c=url_ext_generalfiasco_280312)
- 16 – the Duchess, York (http://theduchessyork.co.uk/whats-on/tickets)
- 17 – Roadmender, Northampton (http://www.theroadmender.com/index.php/whats-on/288-general-fiasco.html)
- 18 – Cockpit 3, Leeds (www.lunatickets.co.uk)
- 23 – Little Civic, Wolverhampton (www.wolvescivic.co.uk)
- 24 – Hippodrome ‘New Slang’, Kingston (http://bnqt.co/shows)
- 25 – Koko ‘Club NME’, London (http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=502028&interface=
- 27 – Southampton, Talking Heads (www.seetickets.com)
- 28 – Boileroom, Guildford (http://www.seetickets.com/Event/GENERAL-FIASCO/The-Boileroom/6287)
- 29 – Jericho Tavern, Oxford (Alt-tickets.co.uk)
- 30 – Notting Hill Arts Club ‘Death Disco’, London
- 31 – Hydrant, Brighton (www.seetickets.com)
- 1 – Banbury, Also Known As +18 FREE ENTRY
- 15 – Stiff Kitten, Belfast ***+18 show*** (www.ticketmaster.ie)
- 16 – Mandela Hall, Belfast ***+14 show*** (www.ticketmaster.ie)
- 29 – Dublin, Phantom: Live at the Academy 18+ (www.ticketmaster.ie)